A program that offers free transportation assistance to individuals in Warren and Washington counties who have had recent health issues has launched. Uplift Warren Washington, billed as “A Ride Back to Health,” is an initiative that provides bus tokens/passes, taxi vouchers, and gas cards to individuals who have been discharged from a hospital or emergency room within the past 30 days.
“Through increased access to needed services, we hope to prevent further emergency room visits and hospitalizations, while promoting preventative health,” stated Cassandra Fleury, the program’s Transportation Coordinator.
According to Fleury, transportation assistance is available for:
- Medical appointments not covered by Medicaid transportation;
- Department of Social Service appointments;
- Care/case management appointments;
- Obtaining prescriptions, medical supplies, or equipment;
- Participating in community-based support groups;
- Immediate access to needed groceries.
The program is a partnership of Adirondack Health Institute, the Baywood Center, Greater Glens Falls Transit, and Tri-County United Way.
For more information or to enroll, contact Fleury at 518.320.6692, or [email protected].