Nearly 59.5 million people – about one in five Americans – live in rural areas. These community-minded people possess a selfless, “can do” spirit that has helped our country grow and thrive. They also have unique health care concerns that must be addressed.
Rural communities are wonderful places to live and work:
- They possess a strong sense of community where everyone has a voice – people know each other, listen to/respect each other and work together for the greater good.
- They are fueled by the creative energy of community leaders – ordinary people willing to step forward, share and implement a vision, and drive change that benefits the entire community.
- They are wonderful places to start a small business and test your “entrepreneurial spirit.”
- They provide America with a wealth of worthwhile products and services (farm commodities, clean energy, tourism & recreation).
- They can offer an outstanding quality of life.