A strongly-supported workforce is essential to a successfully-transformed health care delivery system. Across the Adirondacks and North Country, we are working with our partners to address workforce needs to develop and implement successful strategies for recruitment and training.
- Recruitment Fund: Success of health care transformation requires appropriate staff where they are needed most. To assist partners in the recruitment of staff necessary to effect change, the Recruitment Fund was developed. The guidelines for submission and application can be found at Workforce Recruitment Fund.
- Training Fund: In order to support partner training needs to ensure staff is prepared for changes in health care delivery, the Training Fund was developed. The guidelines for submission and application can be found at Workforce Training Fund.
Training Opportunities and Resources
- Behavioral Health Workforce Webinar Series: Addressing the Opioid Epidemic with Medically-Assisted Treatment – February 12, 2019
- Volume to Value: Creative Funding Opportunities in Payment Arrangements – March 20, 2019
- Growing a Strong Direct Care Workforce: A Strategic Approach to Recruitment and Retention – March 28, 2019
- 3RNet 2017 Academy – ongoing (use code AHI2017 when registering for free webinar access)
- Community Health Workers and Chronic Conditions – ongoing
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Distance Learning Course – ongoing
- Value-Based Payment (VBP) Training Series – ongoing
- HealthStream Learning Management System – Access is for AHI PPS partner organizations. If you require assistance or would like additional information, please read the HealthStream flyer or contact [email protected].
- Training Sign-in Sheet
- Training Assessment Form
- DSRIP Metrics vs. DSRIP Programs
- Partner Career Opportunities
The Workforce Committee is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of workforce activities to ensure the AHI PPS hires, retains and trains staff to support successful health-care transformation. The committee is the governing body for all workforce activities and includes representatives from each of our nine counties. Membership includes representatives from hospitals, primary care, long-term care, behavioral health, public health, education and training, and labor sectors.
Compensation and Benefits Workgroup
Meets as needed to assist in the completion and analysis of the compensation and benefits analysis. Assesses impact toward the future state.
Meets monthly to review Recruitment Fund requests. Also assesses training/strategies needed to provide sustainable, ongoing approaches to partner recruitment.
Training and Resources Workgroup
Meets monthly to review Training Fund requests and other training occurring throughout the PPS. Reviews the training strategy and annual training plan updates.
If you have any questions about our workforce initiatives or committee/workgroups, please contact [email protected] for more information.