Rural regions can face many challenges in delivering health care, including barriers to patient travel and provider access.
Telehealth and telemedicine are the delivery of clinical health care services through real-time video transmission to provide greater access to specialty and primary care, or remote patient monitoring in the home.
AHI supports telehealth and telemedicine throughout our nine-county North Country region by serving as a resource, helping partners to assess their needs and readiness, connecting organizations to specialists, providing insight on equipment and vendors, helping navigate through regulatory and reimbursement questions, organizing educational opportunities, and sharing grant information.
North Country Telehealth Conference
The North Country Telehealth Partnership (NCTP) each year hosts a conference in November. The organization strives to make this conference interactive and informational, providing attendees with updates on current and prospective future trends in telehealth, particularly applicable in rural settings. The latest conference attracted nearly 200 stakeholders.
Telehealth Conference Archive
- 2019 North Country Telehealth Conference Archive
- 2018 North Country Telehealth Conference Archive
- 2017 North Country Telehealth Conference Archive
- 2016 North Country Telehealth Conference Archive
North Country Telehealth Partnership
Visit the North Country Telehealth Partnership (NCTP) website for more information about northern New York’s leading agency focused on increasing access to health care through the innovative use of telehealth and telemedicine technology. The partnership, established in April 2013 with funding from New York State’s Charles D. Cook Office of Rural Health, is a joint effort of the Fort Drum Regional Health Planning Organization and Adirondack Health Institute.
The NCTP’s mission is to provide local health care providers with the technical assistance they need to develop and expand telehealth services, leading to improved access to high-quality health care for medically-underserved, rural North Country residents. The NCTP provides telehealth resources and support in an 11-county region (Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis, Saratoga, St. Lawrence, Warren, and Washington).
North Country Telehealth Partnership Webinars
The North Country Telehealth Partnership hosts a number of webinars each year. Below are webinar recordings focused on such topics as telehealth basics, definitions, modalities, billing, reimbursement and current uses.
Telemedicine Implementation Guide
Read the Telemedicine Implementation Guide, a document created for partners by the North Country Telehealth Partnership.
Join the Telehealth Learning Collaborative
The Telehealth Learning Collaborative is a monthly video conference hosted by the North Country Telehealth Partnership. The collaborative brings together stakeholders from across New York State to help ensure successful telemedicine project implementation, continuity, and sustainability.
DSRIP – AHI Performing Provider System (PPS)
Many Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) projects may incorporate telemedicine into implementation.
- Center for Connected Health Policy – Monitors state and federal telehealth policies.
- CMS Guide for Telehealth Services
- New York State Department of Health Medicaid Update Special Edition: Expansion of Telehealth
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services – Telepractice Standards for OASAS Designated Providers
- New York State Office of Mental Health – Telepsychiatry Guidance for Local Providers
- Northeast Telehealth Resource Center – A regional resource that provides technical assistance to develop, implement, and expand telehealth services in New England, New York, and New Jersey.
For more information about the North Country Telehealth Partnership:
Katy Cook, MS
Certified Telehealth Coordinator
Project Manager, Telehealth
Adirondack Health Institute
101 Ridge Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801
518.480.0111, ext. 315