- This event has passed.
Becoming a Health Literate Organization
February 9, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Recognize the 10 attributes of a health literate organization;
- Develop a leadership engagement strategy for health literacy initiatives taking into consideration the universal precautions approach;
- Identify strategies for developing consumer groups to gain feedback for patient/consumer material development;
- Distinguish the core principles and goals of the National Action Plan to improve health literacy;
- Create or enhance a strategy to integrate health literacy into strategic and operational planning, quality improvement, goals and measures.
Providers and small groups/teams that deliver health care (e.g., clinicians, dentists, administrative staff, group practices, clinics, inpatients units, subspecialty teams); health care organizations that house providers and groups/teams that deliver health care (e.g., hospitals, community health centers, pharmacy practices, and integrated systems); payers and health plans (e.g., health maintenance organizations, insurance carriers, employee-based plans, the Veterans Administration, and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services).
What will I learn?
This training will help participants learn to integrate health literacy into strategic and operational planning, quality improvements, goals and measures; it will help participants provide patients with easy access to health information and services; and it will also organizations improve health literacy skills using a universal precautions approach.
Register for the session.
Contact Melissa Davey at [email protected] for more information.