Bridges to Health & Healthcare Hosted by The Open Door Mission
May 23 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This one-day intensive training, hosted by The Open Door Mission, will identify many of the underlying layers that prevent desired health outcomes and present an opportunity for examination of our own practices and societal experience. This material lays a foundation for developing strategies to improve efficacy with our community members that are experiencing poverty or near poverty.
$35 workshop fee includes a training manual and lunch.
Coffee and light refreshments will be provided.
Registration begins at 8 am.
Healthcare providers will learn to:
• Engage and better serve individuals across the economic spectrum
• Reduce costs while achieving more successful patient outcomes
• Communicate complex medical information more clearly
• Design services to account for increasing diversity within communities
• Increase effectiveness within successful, patient-centered care initiatives
Public health organizations, communities, and governments will learn to:
• Reduce the health gap and improve outcomes for all, especially those at risk
• Build sustainable neighborhoods and communities coordinated with all stakeholders
• Engage all stakeholders in planning new practices for healthier communities
• Increase community social capital and cohesion linked to improved population health
• Provide collective impact models to drive population research at the community level
Register for the training.