Join trainers Erica Bostick, MD, University of Rochester Medical Center, and Casey Belrose, Planned Parenthood of the North Country NY, Inc., for this dinner and learn provider training as they teach participants how to navigate health care challenges the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and plus communities encounter on a regular basis in a clinical setting. This event will spotlight social stigmas, health and development challenges of LGBTQ+ youth, gender identity, and medical treatment options for transgender youth and adults.
- All-level Providers
- Practice Managers
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Certified Content Experts
- Recognize the value of collecting SOGI (sexual orientation and gender identity) data in the medical office setting.
- Describe affirming practices in the sexual and medical health history assessment for LGBTQ+ youth/adults.
- Discuss gender-affirming medical treatment options for transgender youth/adults.
- Gain increased knowledge about the term LGBTQIA+, and its component parts.
- Gain increased knowledge around the concept of sexual identity, and its various facets, including sexual orientation, gender identity, and sex assigned at birth.
- Discuss various ways to implement this increased knowledge and understanding in your practice, both in relation to patients and clients, but also coworkers and staff.