Telehealth Technical Assistance Center
The Telehealth Technical Assistance Center’s purpose is to build telehealth capacity in New York’s Adirondack region to improve access to care, bolster patients post-discharge, and support community residents. This web page provides our health care partners the tools and resources they need to successfully develop their own telehealth program to provide greater access to both primary and specialty services that are otherwise difficult to obtain in our rural region.
Providers Who Offer Telehealth Services
Distance Range Radius: KM
Telehealth Encounters Tracked in the North Country to Date
“I remember a year ago lying on my sofa knowing I couldn’t go to the hospital in the middle of the night while I thought I was having a heart attack. The ambulance and ER would be $1,000 an hour and I couldn’t afford that – I have no insurance. I just stayed there petting my cat…they say petting your cat helps you’re blood pressure! Then, I received free telehealth equipment from ECHD to help me monitor my vital signs, blood sugar and weight. If you had told me a year ago it is all in the weight loss...I lost excessive weight and was able to stop 10 medications including BP and blood sugar medications. The only medication I take now is ½ of a cholesterol pill every other day. I depend on telehealth now. Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and test my vital signs and still can’t believe how well I am doing. I’m not going to die tonight, I tell myself! Telehealth made everything come together and yesterday I finished signing up for insurance for the first time. I was sobbing all the way through the process. If you think I was riding my horse fast last summer – watch me now that I have health insurance! I fly like the wind.”
~ Liz Rowe, Community User of Telehealth in Essex County, New York
Telehealth Education Webinars
The North Country Telehealth Partnership hosts a number of webinars each year. Below are webinar recordings focused on such topics as telehealth basics, definitions, modalities, billing, reimbursement, and current uses.
Regulatory and Reimbursement Resources
Telehealth One-Page Resource Guides for Partners
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for COVID-19 updates.
- View a spreadsheet of general and telehealth-related COVID-19 waivers/updates compiled by AHI.
- Visit the AHI Telehealth web page for telehealth-related COVID-19 resource documents.
- Visit the ASTHO website for simple answers to top COVID-19 questions.
- Visit the New York State Health Foundation website for resources for nonprofits & community-based organizations
- Visit HealthStream for complimentary online COVID-19 training courses.
(Contact Kelly Owens at [email protected] for help creating an account on HealthStream)
- Read a NYS DOH COVID-19 update for local health department response activities.
- Click here to read a CMS fact sheet about health care workforce waivers.
- Visit the NYS Office of Addiction Services and Support for COVID-19 updates.
- Visit the NYS Office for People With Developmental Disabilities website for COVID-19 updates.
- Visit the NYS Office of Mental Health website for COVID-19 updates.
- Visit the NYS Department of Health website for COVID-19 updates.
Please use the form below to contact our Telehealth Team
Nancy DelMastro has been with Adirondack Health Institute (AHI) since July 2019 as a Telehealth Project Specialist. Prior to joining AHI, she received her Master of Public Health degree from the University at Albany School of Public Health in May 2019 and her Bachelor of Science degree in Public and Community Health from Ithaca College in 2017. Ms. DelMastro has gained experience working in corporate wellness policy implementation, as well as various county and state health department positions.
Upcoming Telehealth Webinars and Events
Wednesday, November 4, 12:00 p.m.
Upper Midwest Telehealth Resource Center - Virtual Care Pathways: Maximizing the Benefit of Telehealth. Click here to register.
Tuesday, November 10, 2:00 p.m.
National Consortium of Telehealth Resource Centers - NCTRC Telehealth Hack: Licensure and Patient-Provider Relationships. Click here to register.
Tuesday, November 17 - Thursday, November 19
Global Partnership for TeleHealth - Discover Telehealth Conference (free). Click here to register.