Telehealth Technical Assistance Center
The Telehealth Technical Assistance Center’s purpose is to build telehealth capacity in New York’s Adirondack region to improve access to care, bolster patients post-discharge, and support community residents. This web page provides our health care partners the tools and resources they need to successfully develop their own telehealth program to provide greater access to both primary and specialty services that are otherwise difficult to obtain in our rural region.
Providers Who Offer Telehealth Services
Telehealth Encounters Tracked in the North Country to Date
“I remember a year ago lying on my sofa knowing I couldn’t go to the hospital in the middle of the night while I thought I was having a heart attack. The ambulance and ER would be $1,000 an hour and I couldn’t afford that – I have no insurance. I just stayed there petting my cat…they say petting your cat helps you’re blood pressure! Then, I received free telehealth equipment from ECHD to help me monitor my vital signs, blood sugar and weight. If you had told me a year ago it is all in the weight loss...I lost excessive weight and was able to stop 10 medications including BP and blood sugar medications. The only medication I take now is ½ of a cholesterol pill every other day. I depend on telehealth now. Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and test my vital signs and still can’t believe how well I am doing. I’m not going to die tonight, I tell myself! Telehealth made everything come together and yesterday I finished signing up for insurance for the first time. I was sobbing all the way through the process. If you think I was riding my horse fast last summer – watch me now that I have health insurance! I fly like the wind.”
~ Liz Rowe, Community User of Telehealth in Essex County, New York
Telehealth Education Webinars
Regulatory and Reimbursement Resources
Telehealth One-Page Resource Guides for Partners
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for COVID-19 updates.
- View a spreadsheet of general and telehealth-related COVID-19 waivers/updates compiled by AHI.
- Visit the AHI Telehealth web page for telehealth-related COVID-19 resource documents.
- Visit the ASTHO website for simple answers to top COVID-19 questions.
- Visit the New York State Health Foundation website for resources for nonprofits & community-based organizations
- Visit HealthStream for complimentary online COVID-19 training courses.
(Contact Kelly Owens at [email protected] for help creating an account on HealthStream)
- Read a NYS DOH COVID-19 update for local health department response activities.
- Click here to read a CMS fact sheet about health care workforce waivers.
- Visit the NYS Office of Addiction Services and Support for COVID-19 updates.
- Visit the NYS Office for People With Developmental Disabilities website for COVID-19 updates.
- Visit the NYS Office of Mental Health website for COVID-19 updates.
- Visit the NYS Department of Health website for COVID-19 updates.
Please use the form below to contact our Telehealth Team
Nancy DelMastro has been with Adirondack Health Institute (AHI) as the Telehealth Project Manager since August 2021. She, alongside Fort Drum Regional Health Planning Organization, oversees the North Country Telehealth Partnership, Northern New York’s leading agency focused on increasing access to health care through the innovative use of telehealth and telemedicine technology. Nancy coordinates the day-to-day operations and strategic development of this state-funded partnership, by providing assistance to health care providers and entities seeking information on telehealth as it relates to implementation, technology, reimbursement, clinical standards of practice, and more. She has a Master of Public Health degree from University at Albany School of Public Health and holds a Certified Telehealth Coordinator designation from the National School of Applied Telehealth. Prior to her role as Project Manager, Nancy served as the Telehealth Project Specialist at AHI for over a year. Nancy has additional experience in public health and health policy, previously holding positions in local and state government.
Upcoming Telehealth Webinars and Events
November 4, 2021 1PM EST
5 Hot Topics in Telebehavioral Health and SUD Treatment: Today and After the PHE- National Council for Mental Wellbeing. Click Here to Register
November 4, 2021 12PM EST
Integrated Virtual Primary Care and Behavioral Health- Upper Midwest Telehealth Resource Center. Click Here to Register